Upcoming XMPP Talks and Events
March 11, 2009
There are a lot of XMPP events in the near future, and we’d love to see you at a few of them.
- The first XMPP Monthly Meeting (March 12) will be in the firstname.lastname@example.org MUC room. Peter has posted more details here.
- The SXSW XMPP Meetup (March 17) will be in Austin, Texas. Details can be found on the meetup page. There are already 15 people going, and about the same amount marked as interested. It’s looking like it will be a great event. Besides myself, there will also be Julien from Notifixio.us and Marcus from Minggl. I’m sure a lot of interesting discussions will take place regarding XMPP and Web applications.
- IETF 74 (March 22-27) will be in San Francisco, and two sessions will have XMPP focused content, both on March 23rd. The first is the App area open meeting in which we’ll be talking about BOSH, WebSockets, and Bayeux. The second is the XMPP BOF session where various XMPP related topics will be covered. Peter and I will both be there, and I believe some of the Isode guys as well, one of whom is the first XSF member to become an IETF Area Director.
- The Glue conference (May 12-13) will be in Denver. XMPP makes for great glue, and accordingly, Peter and I will be on a panel along with others including Seth Fitzsimmons of Yahoo’s Fire Eagle team. This conference should be really great, and if you use the code “spkr09” to get a $100 discount on the already cheap conference.
- OSCON 2009 (July 20-24) will be in San Jose, CA this year instead of the usual Portland, OR location. The XSF is planning to have the 7th XMPP Summit during the conference, and there are some XMPP related talks shaping up. It should be even more fun than last year!
I’m sure this is not even a complete list; the number of events where XMPP is popping up is growing every day. Let me know if you’ve heard of any that I’ve missed!